Full Time 40 Hours
£19000 Per Annum
Wild Rumpus CIC is a social enterprise producing large-scale outdoor arts events, most often in wild natural landscapes. We believe that when families engage together in the highest quality arts in the great outdoors, something quite amazing can happen.
We produce extraordinary worlds, taking families out of their day to day lives into magical and enchanting places which can inspire, create moments of wonder and have a lasting impact.
We provide the environment where families can immerse themselves in incredible stories and believe that families deserve access to the highest quality art.
Alongside producing large-scale events, we’re working with performers, producers and programmers to shape a cultural environment where excellent outdoor work for families thrives.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join our busy communications team and help tell our stories to audiences, the media and beyond. You should be an excellent communicator with strong organisational skills and a proactive approach to problem solving. You must be a team-player, with excellent administrative skills and attention to detail, with the drive to make your mark in the outdoor arts sector.
- Some experience working in an arts administration environment
- Demonstrable interest in Marketing, Communication and PR
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and ability to shape content according to the platform and audience
- Understanding of content across a range of social media platforms
- Some experience of using content management systems and databases (WordPress/podio)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and flexible approach to multiple tasks and experience of working to deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Confidence to speak in person about our events and activities
- Confidence in maintaining relationships with promotional partners, sponsors and media.
- Ability to network effectively locally and regionally in order to build new cross-promotional partnerships.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with local, regional and national press
- Willingness to initiate and take on the leg work of local marketing, dropping flyers off at libraries and schools, ringing PTAs and arranging ticket competitions etc.
- Excellent IT skills and understanding of a wide range of web and software tools.
- Ability to be thoroughly knowledgeable about Wild Rumpus and its culture and activities.
- Understanding of and shared passion for family arts outdoors, and the ethos of Wild Rumpus.
- Understanding that this is a commercial role, with ticket sales targets and related KPIs.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Existing right to work in the UK
- Desire to work in a woodland, and understanding that this involves insects and compost toilets as well as idyllic moments.
We work from a woodland near Scholar Green in Cheshire, ST7 3QJ. The nearest station is Kidsgrove, 10 minutes by bike or 30 minutes walk.
Closing date: 5pm Wednesday 7 February
Interviews: Monday 12 February
Start date: Monday 5 March
If this sounds like the job for you please apply via our online form here.
Any general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We promote diversity and equal opportunities. If you experience or anticipate any barriers within the application process, or require assistance to make an application or to access information, please contact Callum on email@example.com and we can make any necessary adjustments.