Wild Rumpus CIC is a social enterprise producing large-scale outdoor arts events, most often in wild natural landscapes. We believe that when families engage together in the highest quality arts in the great outdoors, something quite amazing can happen.
We produce extraordinary worlds, taking families out of their day to day lives into magical and enchanting places which can inspire, create moments of wonder and have a lasting impact.
We provide the environment where families can immerse themselves in incredible stories and believe that families deserve access to the highest quality art.
Alongside producing large-scale events, we’re working with performers, producers and programmers to shape a cultural environment where excellent outdoor work for families thrives.
We are expanding our board of advisors to develop the organisation alongside an increasing programme of events and projects. Interested individuals should be excited by our vision for arts in the outdoors.
Attributes of a board member
- Commitment to the work of Wild Rumpus
- A clear passion for our work, and alignment with our values and mission
- Understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Strategic vision
- Strong HR or legal background in any sector
- Good independent judgement
- Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
- An ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and willingness to state personal convictions and, equally, to accept a majority decision and be tolerant of other views
- An established reputation or profile with a willingness to use their contacts to advance the Company’s mission
- A preparedness to offer personal and professional skills and experience to support the work of the staff when required.
- Commitment to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Board members are also required to act with integrity and in the best interests of the Company, avoiding personal conflicts of interest, or misuse of the Company’s funds or assets
Benefits of being a board advisor
- Networking opportunities
- Complementary tickets and opportunities for you and your family to access festivals and shows
- Active involvement in an ambitious, creative organisation
- Opportunity to actively support and guide the organisation and be part of work that reaches, benefits and influences a wide range of groups and stakeholders.
Some people are disqualified by law from acting as a board member including anyone who:
- Has an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty
- Is an undischarged bankrupt
- Has been removed from trusteeship of a charity by the Courts of the Charity Commission for misconduct or mismanagement
- Has been disqualified from being a company director under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
Terms of Appointment
- No remuneration will be made, but travel and out-of-pocket expenses can be reimbursed where required.
- Board meetings (twice a year), ‘emergency’ meetings and Annual General Meetings (which coincide with Board meetings). Board meetings will be held at our woodland base in Cheshire.
- To provide advice and support to senior staff as appropriate
- To keep up to date with funding issues of note for the Company
To apply to join the Wild Rumpus board, please tell us about yourself using this application form. Closing date 22nd June 2018.